Monday, October 02, 2017

Outfit: September 20th – Orange and Checks

20-09-17b


20-09-17


20-09-17c


20-09-17d


20-09-17e


20-09-17f


I wanted to wear a big snuggly knit cardi this day, having worn and loved it the previous evening when it was decidedly chilly out, but the forecast was for 18˚C but lunchtime and I knew I would be too warm. These Primark blouses are ideal for this time of year – the sleeves keep you warmer than a t shirt would, but they are lightweight enough for a warmer autumn day. I added the brightest blazer I owned and was good to go.

This skirt now has an exposed zip at the side, thanks to my lazy seamstress skills (remember how I said the zip had busted the other week? I remembered this morning that the skirt is five years old and has had a lot of wear so I guess the zip didn’t really owe me anything). I figured it would be much easier to just cut the teeth off the old plastic zip and sew a new, metal one in, rather than unpicking the whole of the old zip which was neatly inserted into the folds of the waistband. I was right, it was much easier, and about half an hour of faffing with my sewing machine later, it was done. And I can continue to enjoy my favourite skirt. Yay!

Blazer – c/o TM Lewin
Blouse – Primark
Skirt – Jasper Conran at Debenhams (sale)
Shoes – George at Asda (via eBay)
Necklace – gifted
Earrings – Primark

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment