Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Outfit: November 16th – Showing Some Flare

16-11-17


16-11-17b


16-11-17c


16-11-17d


16-11-17e


I cannot remember the last time I wore flares. It must be a good few years ago now. I hear they are on their way back in, but I see little evidence of that, both online and in the big wide world. These pants are old, really old. I have had them well over 10 years. They have been taken in, had the zip replaced and they are still going strong.

For me personally, flares got abandoned when skinny jeans took over and for good reason. Think about it. The UK is wet, much of the time, and in skinny jeans you don’t have lots of wet fabric flapping about your ankles when it rains. If it’s really wet you can pull a pair of boots over your skinnies and stay completely dry. Secondly, unless you are going to wear tall boots under your flare then your lower legs are going to feel a draught. You’ll need some knee high socks to help with that (which is what I’m wearing today). And finally, you can wear your skinny jeans with any heel height and you’re good to go. With flares you need to commit each pair of trousers to a style of shoe as you will need an extra few inches on the length of the pants you want to wear with heels. Conversely, if you wear your longer length pairs of trousers with flats they will wear and disintegrate at the back.

So yeah, skinny jeans are just way more practical if you ask me. Having said that though, there are a couple of pairs of flared leg jeans (one in each length, heels and flats, natch) still left in my wardrobe, waiting for their moment to shine. It might come this winter.

Sweater – Long Tall Sally
Pants – Topshop Tall
Boots – Clarks Outlet (sale)
Necklace – M&S (gifted)
Earrings – Primark

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment