Monday, August 14, 2006

Shopping Frustrations

So, then inevitable has happened. I’m bored with summer clothes. This happens to me at the end of every season, in the spring I get bored of my thick sweaters and winter coat, and crave weather warm enough to wear a lighter jacket and strappy heels instead of boots. And around this time of year I start to crave cooler weather so I can drag out my boots and winter coat again! What can I say, I’m never happy!!
In an attempt to get a fix of Autumn styles I went shopping on Saturday but was disappointed to find a lack of all things Autumnal in the shops. I was looking for a sweater dress but the only one I saw was at H&M and was very thin and see-through. (Why do see through clothes make it in to the shops? Who do they think are going to buy them? Gap is a prime example of this at the moment – once reliable for quality basics, now all the t-shirts are thin and flimsy.) There was nothing remotely wintery in the shops at all and I was surprised how many of them still had sales on. I suppose I think it’s later in the year than it is as it was so cold yesterday. I will just have to try to be patient and go again in another month or so to find my Autumn wants.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing! By the start of spring I can't wait for the weather to be warm enough to wear tees without sweaters or jackets (not to mention I'm really really sick of the rain)...then by August I can't wait to break out my layers again!

    ReplyDelete