Friday, September 08, 2006

Note To Self…

…it’s autumn now. Yep, it’s here, the new season. It’s September 8th and it was cold outside this morning. I could see my breath and everything! Looking out of the window at the sunshine and the clear blue sky I thought, ‘do I need a jacket? No, it’s really sunny’ then stepped out of the building and it was absolutely freezing! So now I must remember I need a coat in the mornings. I love crisp autumn mornings like this, especially when you know it’s going to warm up later in the day. Autumn is my favourite season, apart from the clothes. In the words of the awesome Chely Wright “I love September when leaves turn gold” (‘Unknown’). Then it gets really cold and there’s bonfire night, then Christmas to look forward to and, if you’re really lucky, it might just snow! When I was at school they used to brush all the fallen leaves into and big pile at the side of the drive – perfect for scrunching though in the big chunky heels that were so popular then. I still have a pair of chunky heeled, lace up shoes, very similar to the ones I wore in the 6th form and as chunky heels are making a comeback, it could be time to go scrunching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment