Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Stockings

I have decided I really like stockings. It might just be me, but I feel really glam wearing them under a skirt, even if it’s for work. And they are so much nicer than tights – no elastic mark round your waist, no seam mark up your tummy, no visible waistband above your skirt, less risk of laddering as once they’re on, they’re on, you’re not taking them down every time you use the bathroom. So I was all set to be a stocking girl this winter, until yesterday. I wore my usual brand of stockings for work, took them off in the evening and noticed I had a red rash, slightly swollen, around the top of my legs where the rubbery hold-up bit had been. Weird. I have no idea what caused this – I have worn this brand of stockings for a while now and this wasn’t even a new pair. My first thought was that the rubber bit contains latex which I am allergic to, but on checking the packet it doesn’t say anything about latex and that is the kind of thing a responsible company like this one would print on their goods. And besides, I don’t get why I didn’t have a reaction before. Has anyone else experienced anything similar, or do I just have weird skin?!

No comments:

Post a Comment