Monday, July 30, 2007

Key Pieces for Next Season

I love autumn fashion the most of all the seasons in the year, and am looking forward to some very wearable trends this year. According to the August issue of Elle magazine (UK edition – yes, I’m borrowing heavily from that publication today!), these are the top pieces to incorporate into your wardrobe for this coming season.

1. Block colour dress
2. Short swing coat
3. Coloured opaques – get thee to MyTights.com! (I tip grey tights to be huge too.)
4. Beret
5. Jumpsuit – I said wearable but the exception proves the rule. I don’t care how ‘must have’ these become, please, do yourself a favour and don’t succumb. They look good on no one.
6. Shoe boots
7. Jodphurs – these were shown at Balenciga. According to this week’s Look magazine, Gap are doing a pair and they are tipped to sell out as soon as they arrive in store.
8. Big clutch
9. Skirt suit – this could pick up the 1940s trend quite nicely.
10. Giant knit – warm and cosy for winter and in keeping with the trend for texture.

2 comments:

  1. Great post - I'm looking forward to Autumn time as I love the trends that are supposed to be up and coming, although I agree with you about the Jumpsuit! I went to Debenhams the other day and saw lots of nice shoes on sale for reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favourite fashion season! I'm not sure I'll be wearing jodphurs either, but apparently they're going to be huge.

    ReplyDelete