Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Luxuriously Tall

The other day I was reading a post on Dollymix about clothing (or rather the lack thereof) for taller women. The writer was complaining about Long Tall Sally not being to her taste. I clicked to comment to tell her not to moan – at least LTS is an option! – and noticed that someone else had posted a link to Luxuriously Tall. The store owner says this on the homepage:

I am a retired military woman who realized I would now need real clothes to wear. When I discovered how few stores there were for the tall woman, I decided to open one myself. I look at things more from the consumer point of view, as I have been a consumer longer than I have been a retailer. I want to make you look fabulous in quality, fashionable, up to date apparel.
We carry tall women's clothes such as tall junior jeans to tall casual wear, tall sportswear & tall career suits. Clothing lines include Pendleton, Jara, Jay Leslie, Cruel Girl, Wrangler and Ingenuity.


I had never heard of them before but, always eager to increase my options for clothes shopping, I clicked on the link. And I was pleasantly surprised.
The jeans all come in a 36” leg (some come in a 38” leg) and are very reasonably priced - $49.99 to $119.99.
This coat is reduced from $204.99 to $102.50. Ignore the older lady wearing it, it is a classic style and even at full price is only £102, not particularly expensive for a full length coat that is 80% wool.

And I love this black taffeta blouse at $83.99.

There are handy hints on sizing, such as telling you when an item is running small and advice to go up a size. The sizing and pricing is US, but they ship all over the world, contact them for a guesstimate on shipping to your country. The clothing prices are similar to those charged by Long Tall Sally & Tall Girls.
There are plenty of dresses to choose from; my favourite is this black wrap at $111.29 (down from $158.99).

Currently there is a ‘buy any dress and get a second one for a PENNY!’ promotion running. Now if only I wasn’t still Not Shopping…!
They stock shoes in US sizes 10-13 (8-11 UK). And where would this site be without shoe pictures?! I like these brown pointed courts, $106.40 (down from $152).

I have to admit to being slightly scared by the Unitard catsuits in the Active Wear section. Here, judge for yourself!


But somehow they’ve managed to apply the ‘not many left’ discount so someone must be buying them.
Overall, I was very impressed. Not all items have all the sizes left now but it’s mid-season so that’s to be expected. I will definitely be checking back in a month or so to see what the Autumn collection has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment