Thursday, August 09, 2007

Red

Over at the Shiny Fashion Forums (SFF) my friend Caroline has just bought herself some red shoes. Having never owned red shoes before she has asked for some advice on what to wear with them. As my regular readers will know, I love my red shoes. I tend to pair them with basics and neutrals such as jeans, black & white or grey. Yesterday, Amanda pointed out that “I try to think of red shoes as a pseudo-neutral - in that they're not REALLY neutral, but they pop with a lot of clothes. I'd probably wear those with black, white, denim, darker shades of blue and green. Would look great with a black or dark denim pencil skirt!”
This is interesting to me, because I’d always thought of red as a colour in its own right, rather than as a ‘neutral’. So I decided to try it out with another colour and, using the same shoes I wore yesterday, this is what I came up with:


Turquoise/green top – Dorothy Perkins
Dark skinny jeans – Gap
Red belt – market stall
Red shoes – Barratts


I am going to remember in the future that red can be a ‘neutral’ colour and try to find new ways of combining my clothes to create more outfits around this concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment