Monday, November 05, 2007

A Question From A Reader

I've got a question for you Fi! Where can I find a really well-fitted polo-neck to wear under dresses etc this winter? All my current polonecks bunch up if worn beneath things and create considerable bulk - have you seen any nice fine-knits in your shopping travels?

Thank you in anticipation,
Caroline
Secondhand Shopper


Dorothy Perkins have this ‘cashmere’ sweater at £25 (it’s only 5% cashmere though), and when I was in there at the weekend they had various thin polo necks in a variety of colours for about £15.


New Look lack a proper website but also had thin polo necks, perfect for layering.

I don’t know how tall you are Caroline, but my current favourite knit is this one from Long Tall Sally. It’s pricey at £32 but I’ve got my cost per wear fairly well down as I’ve worn it constantly for the last month or so. In fact, I bet my readers are wishing I’d find something else to wear. It’s thin and light weight and is perfect for layering (check my outfit archives for the last month or so!) and is also available in red.

This M&S roll neck is just £9.50 and is available in 6 colours. It looks quite loose on the model but if you try sizing down it could work.

I would try Gap as well as I find all of their sweaters and t shirts to be very thin.

I hope this gives you a few ideas as to where to look. Let me know how you get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment