Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tuesday Outfit 2: Emergency Shopping!

Had a nightmare yesterday. About 9.30am the zip on my trousers decided it would be a good time to break (the trousers are old and have had a lot of wear). A wardrobe malfunction of the highest degree. As the zip was the only thing holding my trousers up and closed, this was not good news. However, every cloud and all that, and there were two silver linings to this: 1. I was in the bathroom at the time and, 2. I was still wearing my black scarf. (Being cold all the time has its uses.) So I was able to fashion a cummerbund out of the scarf to cover the gap and hold my trousers up. Had I been going straight home from work this would have been an OK solution and I would have coped. But no, last night I was not going straight home, last night, I was having tea at my parents’ and then going to a church meeting. Foolishly I had opted not to bring jeans to change into later. Deciding that trousers held up by a scarf would not really cut it all evening, I was forced to pop out at dinnertime (yes it’s dinner at midday in Yorkshire) and see what I could find in the local charity shops (fortunately there are 3). Knowing I was unlikely to score any trousers with anything like a long enough leg, I decided a skirt was the best option and I could buy some tights in Morrison's to go with it. So that is the reason that all afternoon I was sporting a tweedy looking skirt with an uneven hemline that cost me just £4, and some lovely thick black tights (I needed some new ones anyway). And the lads in my office didn’t even notice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate wardrobe emergency situations! Good thing you had that scarf - a couple of months ago the center seam of my trousers busted (old good pair) and I was glad to have my pashmina and a few safety pins in my purse so I could head to the restroom to do damage control. Ack! Glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete