Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
1. Block colour dress
2. Short swing coat
3. Coloured opaques – get thee to MyTights.com! (I tip grey tights to be huge too.)
5. Jumpsuit – I said wearable but the exception proves the rule. I don’t care how ‘must have’ these become, please, do yourself a favour and don’t succumb. They look good on no one.
6. Shoe boots
7. Jodphurs – these were shown at Balenciga. According to this week’s Look magazine, Gap are doing a pair and they are tipped to sell out as soon as they arrive in store.
8. Big clutch
9. Skirt suit – this could pick up the 1940s trend quite nicely.
10. Giant knit – warm and cosy for winter and in keeping with the trend for texture.
1. The Waist – think wide belts to cinch in all those smock dresses we’ve had this ‘summer’.
2. Dressing up – at Dior elegant dresses were the order of the day
3. Texture replaces embellishment as the focal point for garments – my interpretation of this will be cord, velvet, chunky knits, suede.
4. Modern – this is described as timeless classics by modernist labels. I am not really sure what this means but as the skirt suit is a must have piece for next season, a modern take on that could be in order.
5. 1940s – feminine, womanly styling with ‘proper’ hair and make up, the waist trend follows this through nicely.
1940s & block colour at Dior
6. Colour – in blocks rather than trims, coloured opaques with an all black outfit will be a big look come autumn.
7. S&M – boots, black patent belts and buckles all feature here.
S&M @ D&G
8. Nu-tec – Again, I’m not sure what this means but later on in Elle they have a feature on ‘techno fabrics’. However, as these are listed as cotton jersey, leather, nylon-mix, lambskin, silk, metal & wood, acrylic, plastic & metal, and suede, I’m not sure what’s so ‘techno’ about them.
9. Boho-tec – clashing but unique styling, as seen at Balenciga.
10. Volume – sleeves, coats and evening wear.
…reading the new Harry Potter! So don’t tell me what happens!
…watching well, nothing. We’re down to the special features on the Friends DVDs now
…listening to Elton John
…eating Fairbreak bars
…shopping for boots in the sale at Debenhams (if they’ve been sufficiently reduced)
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
…reading Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell (the book is not as good as the TV show)
…watching Friends Season 10 (the young man wonder what we will do once we’ve finished the boxset!)
…listening to all my CDs in the order they are on the rack
…eating chocolate and raisin Geobars
…shopping my closet for new outfit ideas
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Black and cream wrap dress – Dorothy Perkins
Red cami – New Look
Black boots – Arturo Chiang (Century 21)
Shrug, cami – as below
Dark skinny jeans – Gap
Silver flats – Faith
Monday, July 16, 2007
On Saturday I was at it again and I snagged the following:
Monsoon pink tweed skirt, £2.99
Turquoise dress, £3.59
Navy & cream dress (that I am intending to chop off into a cami top), £2.50
I also go the white cami in today’s outfit shot (it started life as a dress), £2.99 and the red shrug, £3.00.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Grey t – Next (charity shop)
Black shrug – New Look
Dark skinny jeans – Gap
Silver shoes – Faith
Silver belt – Dorothy Perkins