Friday, February 01, 2008

Charity Shopping Challenge

I like to set myself little challenges now and again to try to find something specific in a charity shop. There are so many charity shops in the town where my parents live that I have this theory that whatever item you are looking for, you will find it. And my theory has only let me down once.
The list currently stands at:
Mind
Help the Aged
RSPCA
Oxfam
British Heart Foundation
Scope
Cancer Research
PSDA
St Gemma’s Hospice
St Michael’s Hospice
We used to have a Sue Ryder and a second branch of Oxfam but those are long since gone. Even so, the total stands at 10 which is the most of any place I know. My local town has 7 or 8.

Today I am after some skinny jeans in a paler blue than the ones I have. They don’t have to be true skinny jeans, just ones slim fitting enough to tuck inside boots. And I don’t know how easy a feat it will be because many of the jeans in charity shops these days are boot cut and flared. I’ll let you know how on Monday how I got on.

1 comment: