Thursday, May 22, 2008

DCGF Contest Winner!

Me! I won! I actually won! I never win anything usually so I’m kind of still in shock.



A few weeks back the DC Goodwill Fashionista held a competition on her blog where you had to send in a picture of something you had made out of a pair of thrifted jeans. It could be customisation of those jeans or a whole new item entirely. I sent in this picture. I made this bag a few years back out of a pair of children’s jeans I found in a charity shop. The strap was made from the cut off legs and it’s lined inside with a pink pillow case my mum let me have. Well, mine was one of two entries put to the vote on the DCGF blog and mine won!


My prize arrived in the mail today. I won 2 Levi’s t shirts. One is a girl’s shirt, the one I am wearing. I’m not sure if it’s a little short on its own but that is easily remedied by putting a black long sleeve t underneath it. I love the face design on it and the blue colour is perfect for me. The other one is more of a man’s t so I have made a gift of it to the young man. I hope that’s OK Em!

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I must say your bag is very impressive, far better then my attempt at turning a pair of cords into a bag - it's now used as a peg bag because it's useless for anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was surprised how well it turned out. I'll have to use it lots this summer and tell everyone it's prize winning! lol

    ReplyDelete