Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Honest Blogger Award

Caroline of Secondhand Shopper awarded me an Honest Blogger Award. Two awards in one week, clearly I should go away more often!

Here are the rules of what to do with this award, and then the list of 10 honest things about me.

“When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.
Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”


Elisabeth of Wine Glass Logistics
Carrie of Candidly Carrie Lea
Jane of Work That Wardrobe
Winona of Daddy Likey
Helen of Diary of an Untidy Mind
Kimberly of Fab Finds Under $50
Boutique Girl of Things A Boutique Owner Sees



1. I cannot count. I have just managed to count up 2 dates in a spreadsheet and put in 3 as the total. And when I ran the youth club tuck shop on a Friday night, I really struggled to give change from £1. Seriously.
2.I didn’t like ice cream as a child because it was too cold. For some reason I would eat ice lollies though, which were presumably just as cold.
3. I buy magazines each month and when I’m done reading them, I cut out pictures I like and stick them all in an A4 notebook for outfit inspiration. The young man thinks I’m crazy…
4. I never used to cry. Now I cry all the time, over the silliest things. Don’t ask me why.
5. I used to dislike having my picture taken, but since having this blog and taking it voluntarily most days, I have learned to be happy with the way I look and I think I photograph OK most of the time.
6. I am a punctuation fiend. I have been known to not enter a shop because it’s badly punctuated. Misplaced apostrophes are my biggest bug bears and I swear, one day I will become like Lynne Truss (author of ‘Eats, Shoots and Leaves’) and will carry a marker pen around to correct errors.
7. I am addicted to ‘Sex And The City’. Yes I know it finished about 4 years ago now but in the interim between the end of Season 6 and the movie, I have watched my boxset DVDs over and over. In fact, season 5 is in my DVD player right now…
8. I will always drink tea.
9. I can’t remember anything. I have to make lists of things to do or I will forget, instantly. For instance, I have no idea what we did each day last week in New York and will need to do through my mementos of tickets etc in order to write a blog post about it.
10. I am cold all the time, yet I love the snow. In fact, I love Autumn and Winter altogether. Bizarre, huh? For me, there are two kinds of perfect winter day. The first is cold and crisp with blue sky and sunshine. The second is snow. And I don’t mean the pathetic excuse for snow that we get in the UK nowadays. I mean the stuff of Christmas cards, American movies, and my childhood. We used to get awesome snow when I was a child. School would be closed and we would get to stay home and play out in the snow. Now, it’s a fine dusting if we’re lucky and it’s all gone by lunchtime.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! Sorry I've been a bit absent, but I promise to get to it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete