Friday, October 31, 2008

Outfit: Halloween







When I was a child I loved the Worst Witch books. There were 3 of them and I suppose it was a forerunner to Harry Potter as it was set in a boarding school for witches. The main character was Mildred Hubble and she was indeed the worst witch because all her spells would go wrong somehow. Since it’s Halloween I thought I would dress up this afternoon, for when the trick or treaters come around. I don’t have any hobnail boots (surprisingly!) so I thought these black shoes would suffice. The only trouble is, with the heels and the hat, I can’t actually fit through a doorway! I may have to switch the shoes for something lower later on.

Black dress – Long Tall Sally
Black tights – Asda
Black and purple stripe socks – Market stall?
Black patent shoes – Matalan
Black witch’s hat – Tesco
Purple necklace – Scope

Total Est. Cost £69.50



However, before all that, I’ve errands to run, eBay sales to post and my new boots to wear! So this is what I’m wearing to start with today.

Black polo neck sweater – Long Tall Sally
Denim skirt – Gap
Black tights – Asda
Chestnut suede boots – EMU Australia (On Shoes)
Beige cord cap – Dorothy Perkins

Total Est. Cost £54

5 comments:

  1. Loving the costume!! You look awesome. We are being rubbish this year and aren't doing anything halloweeny at all. It was my sisters wedding last halloween and we outdid ourselves lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored the Worst Witch books, and the film! I used to plait my hair and don an old velvet dress of my mum's and pretend to be Mildred! Worryingly, I can still sing the whole school song from the film.

    Loving the witchy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I never saw the film Caroline, will have to hunt that one out on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete