Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why I Love… My Over Knee Boots


Over the knee boots are everywhere this autumn/winter as they were all over the catwalks in March. I think they were around in previous years (given the abundance of them on eBay they must have been) but perhaps I just didn’t notice. I got my pair in Priceless Shoes for just £20 and they must have been a popular style as they are no longer available. I love them because they make short dresses look longer – the boot come higher up your leg meaning there is less leg visible between boot and dress/skirt giving the illusion that the dress is longer than it actually is. Well that’s my theory anyway. I think the trick to wearing over the knee boots, especially heeled ones, is to buy them in suede or faux suede. Doing so means you can neatly avoid any ‘Pretty Woman’ connotations. The other option is to not have them in black. Faith have some fabulous tan coloured leather ones at the moment, and again, these are not going to look Pretty Woman-like because they are tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment