Sunday, December 28, 2008

What I Bought in the Sales

As promised, a little peek at what I got in the sales yesterday. I had a little Christmas money to spend and my choice of shops was limited as I only went to the local retail park. Next had been open since 5am so the sale had been picked over already. I was contemplating some jeans and trousers in River Island but the changing rooms were shut and the queue was huge so I might go back this week and try on if the items are still there.

Anyway, I went to Dorothy Perkins and got this fab coat. I don’t have any shorter length, casual coats so I think this one will be very useful. It was reduced to £35 from £65.

These two tops were not in the sale but at £7 each, you can’t go wrong. Especially when you are tall and your choice of basics is limited.

In Next the choice was limited as they don’t stock the Tall stuff in the stores. This shirt had folded back cuffs (something I always look for – extra length) and looked long in the body. It was half price at £15 so I took a chance (again, the changing rooms were shut) and bought it. I am pleased to report that it fits perfectly. And I also got a striped hat, scarf & glove set in Next, half price at £10. The gloves are fingerless, with a mitten attachment that folds over the top. Useful for texting etc when you don’t want to take your gloves off.

Finally I went to Boots and because I had so many points accumulated on my Advantage Card, I got a Dior Midnight Poison Gift Set for free! It had been reduced so it was now cheaper than just buying a bottle of perfume.

I am not quite done with the sales yet – I still have a Tall Girls voucher to spend.

5 comments:

  1. I love that coat.

    And I always need coats that cover my thighs at least because they tend to get super cold in the winter. Anything from the knees down, can be covered by boots :)

    Fabulously Broke in the City
    Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is a steal! Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the coat - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I was lusting after that shirt a couple of months ago and then forgot to look for it in the sales - very jealous that you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They had tons of those shirts at the Next near me, but that was a week ago now so might be sold out now.

    ReplyDelete