Sunday, February 15, 2009

Outfit: Sunday Morning and Afternoon






I got got up in reasonable time this morning and went to church.

Brown cardi – Luxuriously Tall
Teal long sleeve t – H&M
Jeans – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Teal wedges – Matalan
Teal necklace – Scope

Total Est. Cost £49

This afternoon I have my lenses in again and have done an at home mani/pedi with Maybelline Extreme Blackcurrant.

I will probably continue to harp on about my lenses for a while yet as they are a total novelty to me. I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old and up until last week, I had no idea what my face looked like without glasses. They are as much a part of me as my nose. I didn’t know what my face looks like because to be far enough away from the mirror that my whole face is visible means that I am too far away to be able to see clearly. Yes, I am THAT blind. I am a minus 10 in one eye and minus 9 with an astigmatism in the other eye. So you see, having contact lenses is a revolution to me, even if I am still struggling a little to get them in and out.

Jeans – Gap
Brown slippers – Ethel Austin
Red hair band – Tesco

3 comments:

  1. I started wearing contact lenses when I was 17, and, like you, it was a complete revelation, because I hadn't really "seen" my face for years! (I don't like the way I look in glasses, so had only ever worn them for distance sight) For most of my life, I'd effectively been seeing myself in soft focus, and it was a horrible shock to see what I really looked like in perfect focus. To this day, I prefer looking at myself in the mirror when I'm not wearing them :)

    That aside, though, contacts are great, and I wouldn't be without mine now. You do get used to putting them in/taking them out quite quickly - before you know it, it'll be second nature, although it may not feel like that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I'm sure they will get easier - I can get the left one in with not much bother now, which is bizarre as I use my right hand and I am left handed. Getting them out? That's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fi

    Getting lenses in and out definitely gets easier, although I've been wearing them on and off for about 10 years and still wouldn't call it second nature - some days they pop straight in and out other days are a right faff! One word of warning - don't fall asleep with them in, because they feel like they're glued to your eyeballs!

    If you've been wearing glasses since the age of 8, I bet you've been through a fair few pairs of frames. It would make an interesting study in fashion progression - have you got photos of you wearing all your different pairs?

    You're a bit younger than me so may not have had to suffer the dreaded NHS plastic frames, however I bet you had some large coloured plastic ones at some stage, and some round metal "Harry Potter" ones too! See if you can dig some old pics out - I'm sure everyone would be interested in seeing the eyewear fashion progression over the last 20 years.

    ReplyDelete