Thursday, March 19, 2009

Review: Fit Flops



Well girls, summer is coming and if you feel like your legs could do with a tone up before you bare them in this season’s mini skirts or shorts, then Fit Flops could be for you. I was lucky enough to be sent a pair by Fitness Footwear to test out. I chose the Walk Star style in Navy, as pictured. They are not particularly attractive to look at, but they are a fitness shoe and let’s face it, trainers are not exactly stylish, are they? I would be quite happy to wear these out and about in the summer however, and they are definitely fine under jeans.

The Fit Flops come with a warning tag attached that states they should not be used for too long at first, and to build up use progressively to avoid muscle soreness. The idea is that they mimic walking in barefoot, but with an added challenge, encourage better posture and improve muscle tone. I was interested to see how they would work so I put them on and went for a walk around my neighbourhood. The Fit Flops rubbed my foot and made it bleed. Luckily, good old Dr Scholl was able to come to the rescue with his fabulous gel pads and sticking these around solved the problem instantly. I will definitely be wearing them all summer and hopefully seeing some improvement in the muscle tone of my legs.

Four styles of Fit Flop are available, including the sequined Electra style (in a choice of 3 colours) which sold out last summer. Prices start from £35.45 and don’t forget that there is free UK delivery on everything at Fitness Footwear.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of getting these from Victoria's Secret. (for about that same price, but in USD.) and I didn't know if they would be worth it. Keep me abreast of your situation so I can see if they are worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a couple of pairs from Mastershoe.co.uk for under £30 - one for my Mum and one for me. The pair I chose for myself are the Oyster Walkstar II. I walked home from work in them today, which is roughly 3 miles, and the toe separator made my foot bleed as well. I'll definitely take your advice and use the Dr Scholl pads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shea - I will definitely keep you posted.

    Anonymous - I'm glad it's not just me that had trouble with them.

    ReplyDelete