Friday, June 19, 2009

Outfit: Grey Friday






I got this dress on eBay (BNWT) a couple of weeks back. I will wear it with leggings for a more casual look but I thought jeans were more appropriate for work. I did have a slight mishap with the dress when I got it. There was a modesty cami sewn in (well, half a modesty cami – it was only on the front of the dress) but as the fabric is not very thick it was neither use nor ornament as you need a proper top under it to hide your bra at the back. So I set about chopping out the built in cami and managed to cut throught the grey part as well. Fortunately it is fairly well hidden under the arm, so once I’d done an emergency repair job it’s not really very noticeable.

Grey cardi – New Look Tall
Grey bubble hem dress – Primark (eBay)
Blue cami – Topshop
Skinny jeans – Topshop Tall
Blue patent shoes – New Look
Blue necklace & ring – Dorothy Perkins
Blue bangle – Diamonds & Pearls
Blue & silver bangles – Oxfam

Total Est. Cost £55

2 comments:

  1. I wondering what the weather is like where you live. You should have done the top without the jeans. it would have looked better. You have too many clothes on. SUMMER IS HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really not that warm here (nothern UK). The sun is in & out and there is a strong wind today with highs of around 13 degrees C - so not really warm at all. Also, there is no way I could wear this dress for work without jeans - it's far too short!

    ReplyDelete