Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Review: Birkenstocks

I was in Whitby the other week and saw a girl walking along the jetty in a pair of Birkenstock sandals. She looked so cool and the shoes looked so comfy that I started hankering after a pair of Birkenstocks. So it was at just the right time that I was offered a pair by Fitness Footwear to review. I have always been a fan of flip flops so I chose the Birkenstock Gizeh style because it has a toe-post and looked like it would be the best type for me to wear. The alternative is the Birkenstock Madrid style, which doesn’t have a toe post.

The footbed is made of leather and is shaped to provide arch support and hold your foot in the shoe. There is a ridge under the toes which I thought might be uncomfortable but isn’t at all. The strap is man made but has a soft lining on the underside, for maximum comfort. The strap has a buckle and is adjustable to ensure a good fit. They are great to walk in and I can see myself getting plenty of use out of them this summer.

Birkenstocks are available at Fitness Footwear in various styles and colours, for men and women, for £39.45. As with everything at Fitness Footwear, delivery is free and the dispatch time is fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment