Sunday, September 06, 2009

Catch Up

I’m back! We had a fantastic week away. On Tuesday we headed down south to park up at the young man’s godmother’s. She lives just outside London and had agreed to give us some lunch and then drop us off at her local station to catch the train into London. She is one of my favourite people in the young man’s family and so it was lovely to see her.

Tuesday evening we headed to Leicester Square to eat and have a wander around. We saw the famous plinth in Trafalgar Square.

01-09-09

01-09-09b

Tuesday’s outfit:
Blue cardi – Dorothy Perkins
Blue cami – Topshop
Jeans – River Island
Tan Obi – ASOS
Blue beads – Scope
Blue bangle – Diamonds & Pearls
Brown cowboy boots – New Look

Total Est. Cost £127


Wednesday it rained so we went to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, and to the Bank of England Museum. I don’t have a photo of my outfit for that day. It was still raining in the evening, so after a dip in the pool & Jacuzzi at the health club, we ran across the road to eat at a Thai restaurant opposite the hotel.

Thursday the weather was better so we took a trip to the Portobello Road Market (but there wasn’t much doing there) and then took the Underground and DLR right across London and out to Greenwich to the Royal Observatory. It was very windy so this isn’t the best picture of me on the Meridian Line:

02-09-09

Grey cardi – New Look Tall
White top – Tall Girls
Jeans – Topshop Tall
Leopard print flats – Priceless Shoes

Total Est. Cost £40


Thursday evening we took a walk along Kensington High Street and ate at a small Italian place. We had delicious pizza and home made ice cream. The light wasn’t great in our hotel room, hence the poor quality photo:

02-09-09b

Blue cardi – Ethel Austin
Black & silver cami – New Look Tall
Jeans – Topshop Tall
Leopard print flats – Priceless Shoes

Total Est. Cost £33


Friday we took a walk along Kensington High Street and looked in some of the shops, then returned to the hotel to check out and go back to collect the car. After a quick lunch we drove down to Bournemouth to spend the weekend with a couple of friends who were on holiday down there.

04-09-09

Black & blue dress – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Black leggings – New Look Tall
Brown cowboy boots – New Look

Total Est. Cost £63


I have no further outfit pictures. Friday night we ate out at a Chinese in Bournemouth. Saturday we took the ferry across Poole Harbour and went to Corfe Castle & Swanage. I used to go to Swanage on holiday in my teenage years so had a great time reminiscing about what we used to get up to there. Saturday evening we decided to stay in so I cooked a lasagne in the flat and we watch television. We drove home today.

I can conclude that my packing strategy did in fact work OK, although I think I may have taken a few too many items as I didn't quite wear everything that I packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment