Thursday, September 24, 2009

Outfit Inspiration

Where does your outfit inspiration come from? Often times I will be inspired by something I’ve seen in a magazine or on another blog. Sometimes I’ll be dying to wear a new item and will build an ensemble around it. Other times I’ll start with a pair of shoes or boots, perhaps a pair that I haven’t worn in a while, and will work up from there. And just occasionally, inspiration will hit from out of the blue. Like just now for instance. I was just sitting quietly, and out of nowhere an outfit for tomorrow popped into my head. OK, not quite out of nowhere, as it incorporates a plaid shirt and I’ve see two of those on blogs this morning. But this outfit is completely different to the two I’ve seen today. I love when this happens: it’s like a lightning strike and certainly makes things easier in the evening when I know what I have to get out for the following day and don’t need to think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you, mostly I start with one item that I know I want to wear that day and build around it.
    Occasionally though, it comes down to what is ironed, and what the weather is like outside, which can completely scupper my plans!

    ReplyDelete