Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Outfit: Red, Black & Cream

29-09-09

29-09-09c

29-09-09h

September29

Red Boots

Last night I went to Body Combat and then had a night in for the first time in about a week. A man came to see us about the free loft insulation the local council is giving away, and then we ate cake, drank tea & relaxed watching The Gadget Show. They had a contest between two of the presenters to design a gadget of the future and Suzi Perry designed some shoes that could control her iPod. Jason designed a jacket with a projector and a computer built into it with loads of buttons for jumping straight to web pages and programs, with the screen projected on to his arm. Wayne Hemmingway was the judge and the shoes won.

I have another night in tonight so am planning to do some washing and not a lot else.

Today’s outfit was inspired by flicking back through my blog archives. I saw these boots and decided it was time to give them an airing, along with this dress which hasn’t been worn in a while. When I first bought this dress, the girls on the Shiny Fashion Forums said it was very DVF. I used to joke that is was DVP – Dorothy ‘von’ Perkins. Black & white or cream with red is a predictable combination but it’s a classic and it works. And I think the red boots give it something unexpected.

Red cardi – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black & cream wrap dress – Dorothy Perkins
Black tights – Silkies
Red cami – New Look
Red boots – Goszip (charity shop)
Red belt – mall market stall
Red & cream bangles – gifted
Cream pashmina – gifted
Red beads – eBay

Total Est. Cost £58

4 comments:

  1. red, black, + cream=gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all. I do like red and my mom always said I looked good in it when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete