Thursday, October 08, 2009

Outfit: Pattern Mixing

08-10-09

08-10-09f

October08

Red Boots

There are several different things going on in this outfit. Firstly, I am wearing a skirt under my dress. I’ve seen this on several different bloggers (Kimberley & Audi to name two) and have wanted to give it a go for a while. So I picked my two most voluminous skirts and went for it.

Secondly, there is a little pattern mixing going on with the spots and stripes.

Thirdly, after yesterday morning’s frost (I had to scrape my car for the first time this autumn) I wasn’t taking any chances on warmth and as most of my outfit is cotton, I threw a big cosy scarf over it all. I was going to go with my cream pashmina again, but on a whim put on turquoise eye make up in the bathroom. So I thought why not add some turquoise accessories as I always like the combination of turquoise and red.

I have a night in tonight and am looking forward to putting on my comfy jeans and curling up on the sofa to catch up on Gok and the rest of the documentary I was watching last night about Prince Charles.

Black & cream stripe cardi – Topshop Tall (eBay)
Black dress – George at ASDA
White tank – Topshop
Red & white spot skirt – New Look Tall
Red belt – mall market stall
Turquoise scarf – eBay
Turquoise bangle – Dorothy Perkins
Turquoise flower ring – Dorothy Perkins
Red & cream bangles – gifted
Turquoise necklace – Dorothy Perkins

Total Est. Cost £64

No comments:

Post a Comment