Friday, December 18, 2009

Outfit: Snow Day Secret Weapon

18-12-09

18-12-09b

18-12-09c

EMUs

There is plenty of snow on the ground this morning which is very exciting as it is so close to Christmas. Unless we get more snow next week this could be the closest thing I’ll get to a White Christmas (I’ve never seen one, ever). I wasn’t sure I would get to work this morning so I headed for the second office which is closer to my house than the one I usually work at. I got there no problem, though I am grateful for the 4 wheel drive on my car as some roads were quite snowy.

I have a white top under my black sweater, but this is no ordinary white top. It’s an M&S thermal top – my secret weapon against the cold. I finally caved and bought 2 thermal t shirts last week. I went for the smallest men’s size as I figured the women’s ones wouldn’t be long enough in the sleeves or the body. I am happy to say that the men’s ones are very long in the body.

Just after I took my pictures, I looked out of the window again at the snow. I promptly added a black cardi, cream pashmina and a stripey wool beanie hat to what you see here. Plus my coat & gloves. It was just as cold out as it looked and it took me a while to scrape the snow and ice off my car.

Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – Gap
Chestnut boots – EMU Australia (Fitness Footwear) (gifted)
Diamante hair slide – Babyliss (Boots)
Silver snowflake earrings – Funky Junk Jewellery

Not shown:
Black cardi – New Look Tall
Cream scarf - gifted

Total Est. Cost £71

No comments:

Post a Comment