Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Outfit: Still Snowy

06-01-10c

06-01-10e

04-01-10f

January06

blueboot

As yesterday was a bit of a non-starter outfit-wise, I will repeat it at some point once the snow is gone. But judging by the long-range forecast, that could be a while off yet.

After out sledging adventures yesterday we went for a walk up the road to a pub. It snowed all day from around 6.30am to 3.30pm. As we were heading out, the man across the road brought his van back into the street (he’d had to abandon it in the carpark of my gym earlier on). There was no way he was going to get it up the kerb onto his drive without help, so the young man and his mate helped to push it. Then a lady in a VW Polo came round the corner and couldn’t get up the minor incline in the street so the lads gave her a push too. On the way back from the pub we encountered another car stuck on the estate above ours so the lads stepped in once again.

This morning I woke to find a further couple of inches of snow had fallen so was glad I had laid out jeans and boots to wear today. The priority right now is warm & snow proof! My poor old EMU boots gave up the battle with the snow on Monday night and started leaking due to the amount of snow on the ground, so I’m giving them a rest for a while and have turned to my waterproof Merrell boots instead, which are just as cosy. I have a pair of tights under my jeans for warmth and to act as a second pair of socks inside my boots. The grey top is thermal and really cosy.

Here's the view out of my office window:

Brindley Way

Blue cardi – Dorothy Perkins
Plaid shirt – Primark
Grey thermal top – Tesco
Grey jeans – Primark
Blue boots – Priceless Shoes
Snow boots – Merrell (Fitness Footwear) (gifted)
Blue beads – Ethel Austin
Silver cross – gifted

Total Est. Cost £62

No comments:

Post a Comment