Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #66 and Very.co.uk Boots Review

18-08-10c


18-08-10g


18-08-10b


18-08-10e


August18


Love Label purple


By adding new shoes to my collection, I am making the Shoeper Challenge harder for myself. However, these were a gift from Very.co.uk and so I wasn’t going to say no to that! You may remember I mentioned a couple of weeks back that I had been offered the chance to pick out a couple of items from Very to review. Well once I’d got my jeans needs sorted, I did what any self-respecting shoe addict would do and headed to the shoe department of the site. These boots fitted the budget I had been set. They are the Love Label Stefan Collar Ankle boot and they are £29. For that price they are obviously not leather.

In reality they don’t look quite as they do on the site– you can see that the turn down is fuller rather than the ruched one shown in the official picture, and as it is stitched either side of the zip there is nothing you can do about that. The boots run small so I would advise ordering up a size if you are going to buy these. I was sent an 8 in error at first and they were definitely a tight squeeze, despite being labelled as EUR 42 (what I would usually call a big 8). I think it’s fantastic that Very stock size 9s though, even if they are on the small side. The heels on the boots are quite high, but there is a little bit of a hidden platform in the sole which helps to compensate for this. My first impressions are that they are pretty comfy, though obviously I wouldn’t attempt to walk a long distance in heels this high.

I feel a bit strange wearing black tights today, but it is overcast and threatening to rain and I pictured these boot with an all black ensemble, so that’s what I did. I will definitely pair them with jeans at some point and I can see them being a versatile addition to my wardrobe this autumn.

Black dress – George at Asda
Black shrug – New Look
Black tights – Silkies
Purple boots – Love Label at Very (gifted)
Silver bling ring – River Island
Purple belt – Ethel Austin
Purple scarf – Ethel Austin
Purple bracelet – Esme-Grace (gifted)
Purple glitter bangles – Diamonds & Pearls
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £60

No comments:

Post a Comment