Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Outfit: Dressember #21 and a Refashioned Dress

21-12-10


21-12-10c


21-12-10d


21-12-10b


21-12-10e


December21


NOW Discount Red


See this dress? I made that I did. It’s a copy of a dress I saw on Purdey wearing on Kittenish Behaviour. One of my fellow Dressemberers, she looked amazing in her creation and when she posted a picture of how she made it it looked so simple (basically it’s 2 XL t shirts sewn together at the neck holes) I had to give it a try. I don’t think mine has turned out quite so well, but it’s definitely wearable. The black is a bit pale as the t shirts were only cheapo £3 ASDA ones, but I didn’t want to spend a lot in case it all went totally wrong. I had to make a cut in the neck holes to be able to get the thing on, and have stitched in a spare piece of fabric to cover the gap. It’s a long time since I did any refashioning but this was so easy. (I have brought an emergency skirt in my bag though, just in case my shoddy stitching doesn’t last the day.)

Black dress – Self made by me
Teal sweater – Long Tall Sally
Red belt – mall market stall
Black tights – M&S
Red shoes – NOW Discount Shoes (gifted)
Silver snowflake earrings – Funky Junk Jewellery

Total Est. Cost £62

No comments:

Post a Comment