Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Outfit: Alterations

18-01-11c


18-01-11


18-01-11b


18-01-11d


18-01-11e


January18


Matalan Snakeskin


Today’s lesson is that if something isn’t quite working for you, you shouldn’t be afraid to alter it.

I got this dress in a charity shop about 3 years ago. I spied the bright blue fabric from across the store and immediately went to check it out because I love bright blue. I was delighted to find it was a dress in my size. I bought it for £6.99 (which is a little more than I usually pay in charity shops, but it was such a lovely colour and in such good condition that I had to have it). The original length was somewhere between just below the knee and mid-calf on me, and although I wore it a few times at that length I didn’t really like it, so one day I just took some scissors to it and hacked off a good few inches. Much better.

My belt hole puncher arrived last week and so far I have used it to add an extra hole to two belts so I could wear them as waist belts and tuck in the excess length. This is the second one.

Finally, when I was picking out a necklace this morning, I knew I wanted something blue and chunky and these beads fit the bill but they were a bit longer length than I wanted today. As they are strung on lengths of cord, I have just unfastened the clasp and tied them around my neck with the cord to shorten the length. Et voilà! New necklace!

Although I love the colour of this dress, I am aware it can be a bit in your face, so I added the long cardi to break up the blue a bit.

Grey cardi – New Look Tall
Blue dress (shortened) – Wallis (charity shop)
Grey tights – Primark
Snakeskin shoes – Matalan
Blue beads – gifted
Silver bling ring – River Island
Silver hoops – gifted
Blue glitter belt – H&M

Total Est. Cost £35

No comments:

Post a Comment