Monday, April 11, 2011

Shoeper Challenge #30 and #31 and Weekend Recap

I didn’t post over the weekend for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted my post about Shoeperwoman to stay at the top of the page for a couple of days. Secondly, I just didn’t have time!

On Saturday we were up in reasonable time so the young man could go for his hair cutting before we met up with our friends S and N to go for a bike ride, as we knew the weather was to be glorious. We set off along a local cycle path, and picked up S’s brother D en route. The path meets the canal after a while and becomes the canal tow path. It was on there, dodging the fishermen with their rods stretched across the path, that N got a puncture. The young man, S and D sped off ahead to go to an outdoor shop not far away to get a puncture repair kit, leaving N and me to walk with our bikes. However, they got waylaid by a couple on a barge who were trapped in a lock on the canal. They’d got into the lock and the water level had filled up, but the exit gates were jammed and they couldn’t get out. By the time N and I caught up the other 3 had tried to open the gates to no avail. Eventually the barge owner used his boat to ram the centre of the gates and the five of us jiggled the arm of the lock gate at the same time and eventually it shifted and the gate opened.

D’s wife was then called to meet us in a pub about a mile further down the canal with a puncture repair kit and a pump (and their two daughters), which she duly did. We sat in the sun in the pub garden for an hour or so, then headed back the way we came to another pub garden by the canal in a local town. D’s wife and children drove down to meet us. We sat in that garden for a while, then headed into the town for a KFC as it was past 4pm and none of us had had any dinner, save for a bag of crisps each at the first pub.

We then all returned home to get ready to go out for drinks in the evening. We cycled 21.5 miles in all, not bad really and I won’t feel guilty for not going to the gym on Tuesday now (I have a meeting that evening). I didn’t get any pictures on Saturday as I was just in jeans and a tank in the day, and I didn’t have time in the evening before we went out. That is slightly annoying as I wore a pair of boots in the evening that could have been saved in the Shoeper Challenge, but no picture, no save.

10-04-11b


10-04-11


10-04-11c


10-04-11d


NL Pewter jewel sandals


Yesterday was equally hot and sunny – possibly even more so than Saturday. The young man and a mate went off to Whitby on their motorbikes, and I did some washing. My sister came over and we walked up to the local retail park, did a bit of shopping and had a McFlurry. We sat in the garden until the lads came back and then got ready to go out. The young man and my brother in law went for a curry, whilst my sister and I went for fish and chips. We all met up for a drink afterwards, and it was a great way to round off the weekend.

10-04-11e


10-04-11h


10-04-11g


10-04-11j


NineWestPink


I managed to save two pairs of shoes yesterday. The first are the jewelled sandals from New Look. I bought them on my birthday last year for about £8 I think, then had to wait ages to wear them as the weather wasn’t up to it. I’ve managed to save them before my birthday this year though.

10-04-11i


10-04-11f


The second pair are by Nine West and I think I bought them in a sale in Debenhams about 3 or 4 years ago. They are really comfy as the heel isn’t too high they have some padding under the foot part.

Day:
Leopard print tank – River Island
Jeans – South at Very.co.uk (gifted)
Pewter jewelled sandals – New Look
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver and cream bead cluster – New Look
Cream bead bracelets – Diamonds and Pearls
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver bling ring – River Island
Tan leather belt – River Island

Total Est. Cost £51

Evening:
Blue shrug – New Look
Blue and white cami – New Look Tall
Jeans – Topshop Tall
Nude shoes – Nine West (Debenhams)
Blue bead necklace – gifted
Blue bead bracelet – gifted
Silver earrings – gifted
Silver bling ring – River Island

Total Est. Cost £56

2 comments:

  1. Love the leopard print tank! Would be perfect with what I have on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not my usual style, but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete