Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #48 and White Before Memorial Day

11-05-11


11-05-11b


11-05-11e


May11


NL Turquoise


When I saw Kendi wearing wide leg white pants the other day, I was reminded that I have a similar shape pair, albeit in the style of jeans. I think these trousers often get overlooked as they were stored with my jeans, but on Monday I ironed creases into them and hung them in the closet with the rest of my formal pants in the hopes that they will become an option for a summer trouser. And I know white before Memorial Day (the equivalent of our Spring Bank holiday) is a huge taboo in the US, but it has a habit of raining in June and July in the UK so I’m making the most of the sunshine we have now.

11-05-11c


I didn’t find the best spot for pictures this morning – the sun is too bright on the white and you can’t really see the detailing on the pockets. I’ll try somewhere else tomorrow.

11-05-11d


I do love bright colours with white though. They really pop against the white, and they don’t look cheap, as they can so often do with black. And speaking of bright colours, these shoes were another charity shop find. They were just £2.99 and are originally from New Look. I think they were my first foray into the world of peep toes and they have been a summer staple for the past four years.

Grey jacket – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Turquoise tank – Topshop
White tank – Topshop
White pants – River Island
Turquoise shoes – New Look (charity shop)
Turquoise bangle – Dorothy Perkins
Tan leather belt – River Island
Silver hoops – gifted
Green beads – I Am..... boutique

Total Est. Cost £71

No comments:

Post a Comment