Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Recap and the 30x30 List

We went to visit some friends for the weekend – the young man’s Goddaughter and her family. We headed off after tea on Friday and made it down there in record time. The children (age 6 & a ½ and 4) were already in bed when we arrived so the adults had a relaxing evening chatting and watching the TV. Saturday morning dawned bright and sunny and the young man and his mate, I, got an early start on the woodshed roof they were building (the main reason for our visit). J and I took the children into Horncastle to run some errands and then to a birthday party at Crazee Bongos. This is not a place I would expect to be familiar with, being 32 and childless, but as the Goddaughter had her party there a couple of years back, it was not my first visit. After a couple of hours playing there, we returned home and walked into the village to get some beers for the lads and some other bits at the local shop. We ran into J’s grandma and mum en route. By 5pm the lads had finished the roof and they got the barbeque lit for tea. We had some very tasty sausages, burgers and kebabs from the local butcher. Once the children were in bathed and in bed, the grown ups played the logo game and had a few drinks.

This morning it was sunny again but it soon clouded over. We headed to Normanby Hall for a day out. By the time we got there it was raining, so we had a short walk around the gardens then ate our picnic lunch in the cars, in true British fashion. In the afternoon we went into the farming museum and the house, then headed to the café for hot chocolate to warm up because as well as being wet, today was also cold. Soon after we parted ways with our friends so they could go home and so could we.

The ‘summer’ 30x30 begins tomorrow and I can’t tell you how tempted I was to add a pair of boots and a couple of sweaters to my items, given today’s weather. But I have decided to go forward in faith and if I end up having to wear several of my items at once for warmth, then so be it.

The ‘rules’ are somewhat more relaxed this time: Kendi says it is impossible to mess it up. So let me tell you what I am aiming for. 30 outfits in 30 days using the 30 items I am about to list below. As before, as many accessories as possible as I wish are allowed. The shopping ban still stands, but I am doing the 30 days of June, rather than the 30 days of the challenge. The reason for this is that I have a trip to London planned just before the challenge ends and it would be cruel silly to be unable to take advantage of an actual Long Tall Sally store when one is available to me. I haven’t made any provision in my 30 items for the wedding we are attending next weekend, but I am sure I’ll be able to cram an extra outfit in somewhere, thus still giving me 30 in 30 days.

So, without any further ado, here are my 30 items:

1. Next Tall jeans – bootcut, long enough for heels
2. South jeans – straight leg, can be worn with heels or flats
3. New Look Tall brown crop chinos
4. Anna Field Brown flat shoes
5. Hush Puppies red patent heels
6. Office blue metallic heels
7. New look navy and white stripe flat shoes
8. Irregular Choice ‘Patty’ Union Flag shoes
9. Next tan wedges
10. Long Tall Sally grey dress
11. Next navy dress
12. Wallis blue dress
13. Unbranded black and cream stripe dress
14. Long Tall Sally grey jacket
15. Next Tall navy and white stripe jacket
16. Long Tall Sally teal shrug
17. Next Tall navy cardi
18. Ethel Austin blue ¾ sleeve cardi
19. Primark leopard print cardi
20. New Look Tall red shrug
21. River Island white tank
22. Dorothy Perkins Tall white t
23. H&M blue check shirt
24. H&M navy tank
25. H&M white and navy stripe l/s top
26. Dorothy Perkins Tall red l/s top
27. Long Tall Sally teal lace and bead trim cami
28. River Island blue and white stripe tank
29. Long Tall Sally navy pencil skirt
30. New Look Tall red and white spot skirt

Which equates to:
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of trousers
6 pairs of shoes
4 dresses
2 jackets
5 shrugs/cardis
8 tops
2 skirts

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment