Friday, December 16, 2011

Outfit: Sequins For Day

16-12-11b


16-12-11d


16-12-11f


December16


Sarenza Bocage Dimao boots


It’s Friday, it’s a week before Christmas so I’m wearing a sequined bolero. And why not? Everyone needs a bit of sparkle in their lives this close to Christmas. And chances are, everyone is going to get a bit of sparkle in their lives as this top appears to be shedding sequins (well it did only cost £2.99 from a charity shop).

16-12-11c


Last night I stayed later at work than I usually would so that I could enjoy the buffet, then I went home to make the young man some tea before he went out. I made pancakes for my tea later on, then settled down to watch Love Actually. I took in a dress that was too big for me (and didn’t do a bad job really, considering I sew by hand and even then my sewing isn’t up to much), did the ironing and made the sandwiches for today. Multitasking for the win! We also finalised our plans for New Year’s Eve, something which often doesn’t happen until December 30th, so I’m feeling quite organised really.

16-12-11


Tonight the young man is out again, so it’s Miracle on 34th Street for me, plus wrapping the Christmas gifts I’ve bought so far. And drinking tea.

16-12-11e


What’s your favourite bit of Love Actually? Mine is the exchange between Emma Thompson’s character and her daughter:
“We’ve been given our parts for the Nativity play and I’m the Lobster!”
“The Lobster? In the Nativity play?”
“Yes. 1st Lobster.”
“There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?”
“Duh.”

Brown/bronze sequin bolero – Red Herring at Debenhams (charity shop)
Black polo neck sweater – New Look Tall
Red jeans – New Look Tall (eBay)
Cream leather belt – gifted
Leopard print booties – Bocage (c/o Sarenza)
Silver earrings – Funky Junk Jewellery

Total Est. Cost £26

No comments:

Post a Comment