Friday, January 27, 2012

Outfit: Accessories Make All The Difference

27-01-12b


27-01-12c


27-01-12f


January27


Barratt Tan


Today’s outfit is really quite a basic one. Stripe t shirt, jeans, black cardi – a bit dull, right? But then when you add in a few accessories – boots, faux fur scarf, funky belt – the whole thing is lifted and becomes just that little bit different. The inspiration for the basic outfit came from Good Life For Less.

27-01-12e


I wasn’t going to wear boots today. I was going to get in my penultimate shoe challenge and wear heels today. But then I woke up and heard rain lashing the window. And having forgotten to change my shoes when I went for milk at dinnertime yesterday I ended up walking further in my heels than was comfortable, so my feet still hurt a bit and I may have come to regret wearing heels, albeit low ones. So the flat boots it is then.

27-01-12d


I got the faux fur scarf in H&M last weekend. I wanted a length of faux fur to use as a collar for cardigans, without having to actually invest in a new cardigan. I love this particular scarf as the colour means it will go with pretty much anything, and it is nice and long so I can belt it if I want to. The only downside is that it is shedding fluff!

27-01-12


Last night I had a quiet night in, reading my book and doing a few chores. Today I need to drop some bits in at the charity shop and go to the Post Office. I also need to plan my lesson for my Junior Church class on Sunday.

Black cardi – New Look Tall
Green and navy stripe t – H& M
Jeans – River Island
Cream belt – gifted
Tan boots – Barratts
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver and diamante necklace – gifted
Faux fur scarf – H&M

Total Est. Cost £132

3 comments:

  1. I love boots like that, so flat and comfy and easy to wear with everything. I'm a big fan of accessories. They definitely maketh the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love accessories too - they can really make an outfit. I've invested in a few alternative pairs of specs (I'm a full-time wearer, eyes won't tolerate contacts anymore!) and find that they're a fab way to change my look too.

    Have you got any other pairs you can accessorise with? If not you should invest in some other colours and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Beckie - I have one other pair of glasses which I wear occasionally, but I don't really like them. However, I'm due an eye test this month so may need a new pair if my prescription has changed.

    ReplyDelete