Friday, June 01, 2012

Outfit: Before The Jubilee

01-06-12b


01-06-12e


01-06-12g


June01


Irregular Choice Patty


It’s June! It’s a bank holiday weekend! It’s raining! But of course!

01-06-12


This weekend is the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in the UK. To celebrate we have a double bank holiday (Monday and Tuesday) and the young man and I have the rest of the week off too. Consequently blog posting may be a bit sparse, but I have some posts scheduled and I will update when I can – what we do will depend on the weather.

01-06-12d


I decided to show my patriotism a little ahead of time with a red, white and blue outfit and my ever-fabulous Union Flag shoes. I was cold much of yesterday due to the blasted air conditioning at work – it was actually quite warm outside and the house was warm when I got home. So I added a jacket and brought a scarf today, just in case.

01-06-12c


Last night I went to the singing rehearsal. It went well and there was a really good sound. There are four local groups joining together for this concert so there was a good number of singers and we are doing lots of pieces from popular musicals so it was all very enjoyable.

01-06-12f


Have a lovely weekend (and enjoy the extra time off if you’re in the UK or a Commonwealth country that get the holiday too) and I’ll pop in when I can next week.

Navy and white stripe jacket – Next Tall
Red top – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – New Look
Union Flag Patty shoes – Irregular Choice (gifted)
Silver beads – George at Asda
Silver and diamante necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver bling ring – River Island
Silver glitter belt – local boutique

Total Est. Cost £106

4 comments:

  1. Love the patriotic shoes Fi! Wish I had a pair like that for this weekend.

    Also love your glasses, we don't see you in those enough anymore (always thought of you as a bit of a standard-bearer for bespectacled girls!)

    I'm not able to wear contact lenses anymore (dry eyes) so I'm resigned to being in specs full-time, but console myself that they're another fashion accessory I can collect! Just bought myself a lovely pair of Ray-Bans with some pretty purple crystal bits in - this is them:

    http://www.metsuki.com/glasses/ray-ban/rb-5241-5074-top-havana-on-transparent-violet.html

    Take care, enjoy the long weekend and wear your specs with pride like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me where you got your stuffed cat? Thanks, Lucie

    ReplyDelete