Thursday, November 22, 2012

Outfit: The Coat Jacket

22-11-12c


22-11-12d


Georgia Rose red booties


When I won this jacket on eBay I envisioned it being worn in much the way I wore it today: as a sort of mis-matched suit jacket to pair with these trousers, and the grey wool skirt I have. However, when it arrived in the post I fell in love with it instantly and although I initially put it away for the colder months, it was soon pulled into service in August (which had its chilly moments) as an outer layer. It looked awesome with jeans, dresses, most things really. I wore it regularly as a light coat until about mid-October when my proper winter coats came out and now it is able to serve its original purpose as a suit jacket.

22-11-12b


The trousers I have on today must be one of the older pieces in my wardrobe. I bought them right before I started my current job, back in October 2005. They have fitted me pretty well ever since (although they did get a bit snug at one point and could only be worn with flats as the tighter fit at the waist took the length up. Not they are a little loose at the top, but not so much so that they are too big. They can be worn with heels again though and I will keep them around as long as they survive because I’ve not seen a pair of wool trousers in Tall since I got these.

22-11-12


Last night I baked pumpkin muffins. I put triple the amount of chocolate chips in them so they’re probably not as healthy as they should be, but they’ve still got to be better than ordinary cakes as they’re 50% fruit (I’m pretty sure pumpkins are fruit, they have seeds), right?

Red striped top – Kew 159
Red top – Next Tall (eBay)
Grey wool trousers – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Grey jacket – Topshop Tall (eBay)
Red suede booties – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £88

No comments:

Post a Comment