Friday, January 11, 2013

Outfit: Brr!

11-01-13


11-01-13c


Deichmann Graceland wedge boot


Winter has returned to the Frozen North this week. After almost a month of milder weather I’ve had to scrape ice/frost off my car twice this week and they’re forecast snow for the weekend and/or Monday. It’s cold. Sheepskin lined boots were definitely a good option.

11-01-13b


Last night I did the supermarket shopping and I went to Aldi for a big shop for the first time ever. We seem to be spending quite a lot at Tesco each week so I thought I’d try Aldi and see whether it was any cheaper. I was pleased with the price but I’ve yet to compare it with Tesco to see how much we’ve saved, and I’m not sure what the Aldi brands will be like. It all looks OK so we’ll see. I’d definitely go again for the experience though: it was really quiet and the store is pretty small so it only took about 20 minutes to get round and get everything, compared to the 45 minutes plus I’d spend in Tesco.

Brown sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Tan boots – c/o Deichmann Shoes
Leopard print scarf – H&M
Wooden heart necklace – Scope
Earrings – Ethel Austin

Total Est. Cost £39

5 comments:

  1. I pop to Aldi in Reading occasionally, they do the best nappies (random I know and useless information for you right now!) Their stuff is ok, it isn't as nice as Tesco or Sainsbury, you can tell the difference with pesto or meat for example but their cupboard staples are fine.

    Been lucky in Hants, no car scraping (my morning routine doesn't factor in extra time for that!) but just been weeping over the Met Office website looking at the snow forecast for tomorrow, sunday and monday. Hate it. I'll need some snuggly warm boots like you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see what the meat is like and I'm not sure what the young man will think of the crisps substitutions I made! But I just put everything into My Supermarket and I saved £12 by going to Aldi rather than Tesco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fi- I just saw your comment. Boden do offer long length on skirts & trousers, it might not be as long as you need but worth a shot. I'll always share discount codes too so just ask in future if you spot something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fi, I recently discovered your blog and I love your fab shoe collection! Love those boots, they look so comfy. Shopping at Aldo is fab for saving the pennies as most items are so much cheaper than Tesco and even Asda. Hope you don't get too much snow over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LS - Thanks, I've just had a look at Boden and their idea of long is 33" inside leg - I need at least a 34" for flats, 36" or longer for heels.

    Anonymous - Thanks for stopping by! The boots are hands down my comfiest heels.

    ReplyDelete