Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Outfit: Equally Easy Summer Dressing – Top, Skirt, Shoes, Shrug

09-07-13


09-07-13c


09-07-13e


LK Bennett leopard peep toes


An equally easy alternative to yesterday’s dress+shoes is today’s skirt+tank+shoes. I initially planned to wear another dress but the one I picked out is low cut and needed a tank under it, and it’s a little too warm for layering right now. Not that I am complaining about the heat mind, it makes a welcome change for me to be warm. So I switched out the dress for a skirt and added peep toe heels and a shrug to make it office appropriate. (I have this thing about not wearing vest tops/tanks in the office – it’s purely personal, there are no rules against it, but if I were putting together and office dress code tanks/vests would be on my list of things I don’t want to see. Along with bra straps, spaghetti straps, more than 3 inches of thigh, flip flops and board shorts. I don’t think I’m asking too much here.)

09-07-13b


Can I just say how much I love shrugs? I got this one from Long Tall Sally recently and it’s lightweight but just right for adding coverage to my arms and shoulders. The sleeves are super long and there’s ruching at the cuffs and on the neckline. I’ve been collecting shrugs since they first emerged back in 1998 and they are great as they don’t hide your waist like full cardigans do.

09-07-13d


Last night we had our new stove delivered (I know – first proper summer in 6 years and we’re having a multi-fuel stove installed. It will be great come winter though.) so there wasn’t really time for a barbeque. I’d been to the gym anyway so was late home. Monday nights are never that exciting in our house.

Navy shrug – Long Tall Sally (15% discount)
Red tank – M&S (2 for £10)
Navy and white stripe skirt – Maine at Debenhams (charity shop)
Leopard print shoes – LK Bennett (eBay)
Wooden bangles – Scope
Wooden heart necklace – Scope
Silver and diamante necklace – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment