Monday, September 02, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 2 | Black Dress, Shoe Boots, Pink Leopard Print

02-09-13d


02-09-13f


Irregular Choice Baby Beauty

Happy Monday y’all! Do I look super excited to be back at work? After getting up at 6am I was really, really, not. But the first day back is always the worst and that is done now.

02-09-13b


Last night I made some rice pudding in my slow cooker using brown rice. It was delish! It took quite a while to cook (though I guess that is the point of a slow cooker?) so next time I will try cooking it on high for a couple of hours. The recipe is thus:

100g brown rice
900ml skimmed milk
3 tbsps granulated sweetener
Pinch of salt

Wash the rice and put everything in the slow cooker. I cooked this 4 hours on LOW and then 45 minutes on HIGH, which is what it took to get it looking like rice pudding. I added a bit of jam to mine, but you can put whatever you want on it.

(ETA: This is supposed to serve 4 (it's a WW recipe) but I found it did 3 good sized portions.  I put the spare portion in the fridge overnight and heated it up in the microwave the following evening.)

02-09-13


Today is the first day of the new gym timetable and I’m trying out a new class this afternoon. I’ll report back tomorrow.

02-09-13c


I added my denim jacket over today’s dress and kept it on most of the day in the office. I forgot just how chilly the air conditioning is. As it’s September I decided to bust out a pair of shoe boots. These are by Irregular Choice and were the second item in my Sarenza basket in August. It was so hot when I received them though that I’ve had to wait a few weeks to wear them. Aren’t they fab? They are a size 43 (which I didn’t know Irregular Choice made) and fit pretty well, with enough room for socks or thick tights when the weather gets cold.

02-09-13e


I realise I forgot to say yesterday how many pairs of shoes/boots I am aiming to save. My current list runs to 79 pairs but of course this could go up or down over the next 12 months.

Black dress – H&M
Pink belt – charity shop
Black and white spot booties – Irregular Choice (c/o Sarenza)
Black and silver bracelets – gifted
Pink beads – Dorothy Perkins (sale)
Pink/grey/black leopard print scarf – New Look (sale)
Silver hoops – gifted


Follow me on:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the rice pudding recipe - it might also be nice with almond milk or coconut milk (although the coconut milk would be more calories). Mmmmmm, I love rice pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! It's a WW Filling and Healthy Recipe which is why it has skimmed milk and brown rice, but if you don't need it to be F&H you could put whatever you wanted in it. I added a couple of squares of dark chocolate to the leftover portion last night which melted right in and made it all chocolatey! I had intended adding sultanas when I made it and forgot, but that would have meant more points too.

    ReplyDelete