Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 39 | How to Wear a Cropped Sweater

30-10-13d


30-10-13e


Faithrigid


There was a definite chill in the air yesterday (and this morning: 4°C anyone?!) so last night after step class I decided it was cold enough to pull out my thermal tops from their storage bag to wear as a pyjama top. And do you know, I slept so well last night. I think it’s because I didn’t wake up because I was cold and I have the past few nights. Thermals are the way to go, people.

30-10-13b


30-10-13c


I thought I was going to get a shoe save in yesterday but when I checked my list I saw that I had already saved the red shoes. So to make up for that, I’m saving some boots today. These are by Faith and were bought in their sale back in about 2006. They are leather and I just love the colour. The heels are quite high so I don’t wear them as often as I probably should. But I love the pointy toes and the ruching on the legs so they stay in my collection to be brought out every now and then.

30-10-13


Anyway, the title of this post is ‘How to Wear a Cropped Sweater’ and my main tip for this is to pair it with a high waist and layer something underneath. At my age I don’t want to be baring my mid-rift so a high waisted pencil skirt with a top tucked into it is the perfect accompaniment. (See also: 4°C this morning – it’s too cold to be baring flesh!) I also like a cropped top with a longer tank or t shirt layered underneath and not tucked in, so you get the full effect of the layering. See this post for an example of that.

Cream crop sweater – Topshop Tall
Denim pencil skirt – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black tights – Falke (TK Maxx)
Teal boots – Faith (sale)
Teal beads – Scope
Turquoise scarf – H&M
Silver hoops – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment