Monday, November 11, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 43 | Red Dress with Black and Leopard

11-11-13c


11-11-13d


Atelier Mercadal leopard courts


There’s a story behind this dress. Don’t you just love clothes with a story? I know I do. So, I had this dress (bought on eBay) in size bigger about five or so years ago, when it was current season. I wore it and loved it (I also had its twin in brown) and then lost weight and it was too big around the top, so back on eBay it went. Cut to September this year when I was in Whitby with my sister, and poking around the charity shops looking for a red jacket. It was the Oxfam shop I think, where they section everything according to colour and I saw the neck of this dress and thought ‘I wonder...’ and it was, and it was the size below the one I used to own so I bought it. On closer inspection the previous owner had turned up the hems and had gone to the trouble of cutting off the cuffs, stitching them back on the other way around and turning them back. Who does that? Just buy a dress made for regular size people! I like the new length – the original hit just below the knee and ended up looking a little frumpy if you weren’t careful – and I unpicked the turn backs on the cuffs and they are long enough for me, even if now the seams are the wrong way out. I could take them off and restitch them the right way, but I’m not sure I can be bothered. Anyway, long story short: I have a red knitted polo neck dress that fits me again!

11-11-13


How was everyone’s weekend? We had a quiet Saturday then went to a bonfire party in the evening with awesome fireworks. Sunday we had a walk in the late autumn/early winter sunshine to a real ale pub and had a couple of drinks there.

11-11-13b


I can’t have been fully awake this morning as I neglected to put any jewellery on before I took my pictures. I added a big silver necklace and some silver stud earrings to what you see here.

The leopard print shoes are c/o Sarenza (last year, I think) and are by Atelier Mercadal. I love a good leopard shoe and these are no exception.

Red dress – Long Tall Sally (charity shop)
Black cardi – New Look Tall
Black fleece lined tights – Primark
Black patent belt – Primark
Leopard print shoes – Atelier Mercadal (c/o Sarenza)


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment