Sunday, August 17, 2014

This Week...

It’s Sunday and it’s time for another Weight Watcher’s-friendly recipe: Porridge Bread. I am shamelessly stealing this from the forums on the WW website and I’ve got all the girls at work into making it as it’s so easy. This is an oat based bread that is 0pp on the Filling &Healthy plan. It makes quite a heavy bread, a bit like a soda bread but it tastes good! It’s probably a good option to eat with soup on a cold day. I’ll try that when it gets cold outside.

You will need:

400g porridge oats
500g low fat plain yoghurt
2tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp salt (though I use a little under a tsp as I find it’s a bit too salty for me otherwise)

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together (just with a spoon, not an electric whisk).

Once it’s all mixed up, put into a 2lb loaf tin and bake for about 45 minutes at 180°C. You may find you need to cover it with a tinfoil ‘tent’ if the top is getting brown too quickly.

And that’s it – possibly the easiest bread recipe in the world. If you slice it into 16 it works out at 3pp per slice if you’re counting points.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment