Sunday, November 16, 2014

This Week…


To the north side of Leeds lies Yeadon Tarn. It is a body of water, like a lake. I just Googled the difference between a tarn and a lake and, according to Wikipedia, a tarn is a lake formed in a cirque excavated by a glacier. I’m not sure that is true of Yeadon, but it’s a nice place to visit anyway. I go there predominantly to walk around it – three laps is almost 2.5 miles which is good exercise. My niece likes it up there because she can feed the resident ducks and play on the play area swings and slides. (She will also have a good go at climbing up the climbing frames etc. that are still far too big for her.) The tarn is right next to the airport so avid aircraft enthusiasts can enjoy the views of aeroplanes taking off and landing. It’s just a nice spot though, particularly right before sunset as I captured it the other afternoon.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment