Tuesday, March 03, 2015

This Week...



This week I have started watching Neighbours again. You know, the Australian soap opera hat turns thirty this month. Feeling old now? Yeah, me too. I have watched Neighbours on and off since about 1988 (it started in the UK in 1986 I think but my sister and I weren't allowed to watch it then because my dad deemed it rubbish. This think he was just mad that the BBC had replaced Masterteam that was hosted by Angela Rippon. He's always had a thing for Angela Rippon) and I go long periods without watching but always get sucked back in at some point. Usually when they bring back a character from the  past and this week it was the turn of Harold Bishop. Again. Ian Smith who plays Harold officially retired several years ago but he's back for the show's 30th anniversary celebrations and for what I think will be his last visit. We are promised returns from many more past characters over the next month or so (including Madge Bishop who died in 2001 so it will be interesting to see how they pull that one off) and I will be watching excitedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment