Saturday, January 23, 2016

Outfit: How To Wear Over The Knee Boots

19-01-16d


19-01-16b


19-01-16e


As you may have noticed, I’m a big fan of over the knee boots. When you’re as tall as I am, finding a pair of boots to even reach your knees is a challenge, so a pair that come right up over your knees is a wondrous thing indeed!

19-01-16


If you want to try out the style but are a little afraid to do so, here are my tips:

How To Wear Over The Knee Boots

1. Suede, not leather, and certainly not patent! Over the knee boots can have Pretty Woman connotations, thanks to the famous shot of Julia Roberts in those patent leather thigh highs on the poster and the front of the video (yes, I had it on video long before DVDs were invented)/DVD case. The best way to disassociate with that image is to pick a pair of boots in a suede or faux suede fabric.

2. Jean rather than skirts. Whilst I love to wear my over the knee boots with dresses and skirts, if you’re just starting out with the style then the easiest way by far is to pair your boots with jeans. They will make your legs look fabulous and show off your skinny jeans to their best advantage.

3. Flats or a lower heel. Yes my pair of boots is a high stiletto, but you may prefer a flat boot or a lower heel to make them less daunting. There are some chunkier heels around at the moment too, which could be a good option.

19-01-16c


Over the knee boots are definitely something to try though, whichever style you plump for. I have two pairs currently in my wardrobe and over the years I’ve had several other pairs. Don’t tell anyone, but my favourite reason to wear them is that they keep my knees warm!

Top – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – Zara (charity shop)
Boots – Primark (gifted)
Necklace – gifted
Scarf – TK Maxx
Belt – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment