Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Outfit: February 23rd – Denim Skirt, Stripes, Boots

23-02-16c


23-02-16


23-02-16b


23-02-16d


Steve Madden Candence cognac


Last Tuesday was another crisp, cold day. Boots and tights are the only way forward if you want to wear a dress or skirt on days like that. And since Primark introduced their genius fleece lined tights several years ago those are the only type I’ll wear when it’s freezing out.

This skirt is a size 14 and was far too big for me so the other weekend I got my sewing machine out and took it in at the waist. I had to take in the entire side seam though due to the pleats and no one was more surprised than I was that it looked OK when I was done. I am of the ‘just pin it, go for it and hope for the best’ school of sewing. I’ve never had any formal training other than my mom showing me how to use a sewing machine when I was a teenager, and then re-teaching myself from the instruction book when I bought my (very old, possibly antique, definitely second-hand) Jones sewing machine. I bought it from an old lady who was one of our clients at my old job (that I left over 10 years ago) who was selling it because she could no longer see properly to use it. It weighs a ton but it’s a pretty pale blue and whilst it is still in good working order I see no need to replace it with a more modern one.


The sweater is striped (love) and has buttons on the shoulder (double love) and the boots are just slouchy and comfy.

Sweater – Long Tall Sally (sale)
Skirt – Jasper Conran (Debenhams)
Tights – Primark
Boots – Steve Madden (c/o Sarenza)
Belt – Dorothy Perkins (sale)
Necklace – Scope


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment