Friday, August 26, 2016

Review: Cloud 9 Original Iron

SAM_5021


A few weeks ago I was contacted by Cloud 9 and asked if I would like to review one of their products. I had heard about Cloud 9 and how they were supposed to be better than GHD, bu could that really be possible? I jumped at the chance to find out and opted to test out the Original Iron straighteners (though I'm now wondering whether I should have chosen one of the curling wands, such is the quality). Spoiler alert: these are fabulous! It's no wonder though, Cloud 9 was founded by the hairdresser originally behind GHD, Robert Powls. In fact they are still based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, where GHD started back in the day. A true Yorkshire brand.

SAM_5032


The iron arrived well packaged in it's sleek black box and I love the turquoise on the inside. I also liked the fact that a fancy carrier bag was included in the shipping box - if I was giving this as a gift I would definitely make use of that. Inside the box was my irons, and a lovely heat proof bag in which to keep them. This will definitely be very handy when I take them with me on holidays and weekends away.

SAM_5023


So, on to the iron itself. Could it sort out this mop?

SAM_5037


SAM_5036


Time to find out. (For reference, I washed and roughly blow dried my hair the night before, then slept on it.) I clipped the top section of my hair out of the way and got to work. The iron has a range of heat settings so you can select the temperature you want. It heats up just as quickly as my GHDs and features mineral infused ceramic plates to ensure a healthy shine to your finished look.

SAM_5033


Once the bottom section of my hair was straightened I moved on to the top section, and a few minutes later I had straight, shiny hair.

SAM_5045


Overall I am very impressed with this iron. It is definitely on a par with GHDs and so if you are looking purchase a new straightener then consider Cloud 9 to be a very worthy alternative. Now I just need to master curling my hair with my iron!


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment