Friday, November 11, 2016

Outfit: November 2nd – Burgundy, Black, Camel

02-11-16c


02-11-16


02-11-16b


02-11-16d


02-11-16e


02-11-16f


Steve Madden tan flat boots


There was the first frost of the season on the morning these pictures were taken. Beautiful blue skies, sunshine to enhance the fall colours that are everywhere right now, and a layer of white frost on rooftops and car windows. My car was frosted up but as I walk to work I just waltzed right on past it.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the camel, black and burgundy combination in the autumn and I added my burgundy biker jacket and my massive scarf when I went out. Plus a hat and gloves. It was cold out there people! The sweater is old, but I think it fits in well this season with its balloon sleeves, given how big sleeves are a trend this year.

Putting on my tights this morning, I got to thinking about how I used to love coloured tights, but now the only colours I wear are black, brown, navy and burgundy. Pretty much all neutrals in other words. The same was true last year too. I still have my collection of coloured tights stashed away: they don’t take up much space and they’re bound to be a ‘thing’ again sometime in the future. But right now I’m happy with just my burgundy ones.

My boots came back from the cobbler and I’m hoping that the new soles they’ve had fixed on will stop them leaking in the rain. Time will tell. There isn’t a cobbler in my village, but the drycleaner will take in shoes and someone collects them, mends them and delivers them back. Love that kind of service!

Sweater – New Look Tall
Skirt – Primark
Tights – New Look
Boots – Steve Madden (c/o Sarenza)
Necklace - gifted

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment