Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Outfit: January 3rd – Back To Reality

03-01-17


03-01-17f


03-01-17b


03-01-17e


03-01-17d


03-01-17g


03-01-17c


03-01-17h


The first day back after Christmas dawned and I wasn’t sure how warm the office would be after a two week break so I layered on a cosy scarf, just in case. As it turned out the heating was cranked up and everything was toasty. If anything I was a little too warm (shh! I didn’t say that!) when I was walking to work and on my lunchtime jaunt. I smartened up my comfy legging-jeans-and-sweater look with my beloved OTK boots.

My hair was the previous day’s curls slept on, then I hit a few pieces with the waving wand to get rid of any straight bits.

One consequence of having a Fitbit is that I am now even more obsessed with my step count than I was before. Having managed a whopping 212 days in a row where I did over 10,000 steps (and that streak was only broken on Christmas day which was a) to be expected really, and b) only 400 or so steps short of the mark anyway) I am not about to let my count slide now, and having the exact total on my wrist at all times (as opposed to the series of lights showing the count in thirds that I had with my Mi band tracker) makes it easy to see just how much more I need to move at any given moment. I also have it set to give me hourly reminders from 9am to 10pm if I’ve done fewer than 250 steps in that hour. And then there’s added element of competition with the Fitbit app: with myself to keep my 7 day total over 100,000, and with various friends to do more steps than they do. And there’s nothing wrong with a bit of competition if you ask me – it’s great motivation if nothing else!

Sweater – New Look Tall (sale)
Jeans – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Boots – Primark (gifted)
Necklace – gifted
Scarf – eBay

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment